Slip and Fall Claims

Accidents can happen anywhere and at anytime.

Sometimes these accidents have a significant impact on you, your lifestyle and your ability to work. If you are not the cause of the accident you may have a right to claim compensation. Many people who slip and fall, are injured undertaking a tourist or recreation activity are seriously injured through no fault of their own. We assist them to get the compensation they are entitled to.

Contact our personal injury lawyers on 1800 632 930 or submit an enquiry online if you have been involved in an accident.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have a claim?

Most people who sustain injury on public or private property, commercial places or residences can make a claim.

You are required to prove that the owner or occupier of the property breached the duty of care owed to you.

We can conduct a proper and thorough assessment of your claim on a "no win no fee basis"* to determine your prospects of success.

Please call us on 1800 632 930 for your free assessment or submit an enquiry online if you have been involved in an accident.

What are my time limits?

You must make a claim for compensation within three years of the date of the accident. If you are under the age of 18 of the time of the accident, you have until you turn 21 years of age to make a claim.

It is important to seek advice as soon as possible after your accident to ensure that your rights are protected.

How do I make a claim?

The Personal Injuries Proceeding Act 2002 prescribes the process for making a claim.

The process is commenced by giving a Notice of Claim under the Act. The Notice of Claim is due within the earlier of 1 month from seeing a lawyer for legal advice or 9 months from the date of the accident.

How long does a claim take?

We are usually in a position to commence negotiations to settle your claim within 2 years of the date of the accident. 

How much can I claim?

You can claim for the impact your injuries have had on your lifestyle and  your ability to work.

The claim for the impact your injuries have had on your lifestyle is called a claim for General Damages or pain and suffering.

The claim for the impact your injuries have had on your ability to work is called a claim for Past and Future Economic Loss.

You can also claim for out of pocket expenses and in some circumstances care.

How much does it cost?

We work on a no win no fee basis*, which means you only pay if your claim is successful.

Do I have to go to court?

We advise very few matters go to Court.

In our experience approximately 95% of matters are settled by negotiation. We keep you informed at all times when we are negotiating your claim with an insurer.

Enquire today!

Enter your details below and one of our personal injury specialists will contact you as soon as possible for a free, no obligation case review.

Why choose Cairns Personal Injury

No Win. No Fee

We conduct matters on a No Win No Fee basis. You will never receive a bill from us unless your claim is successful*

More about No Win. No Fee

A QLD Law Firm

We are a practice group of MacDonnells Law, one of the largest independant law firms.

More about our history

Free initial Consultation

We offer a free initial consultation to determine whether you have a claim worth proceeding.

Contact Cairns Personal Injury

* Terms and Conditions Apply. The terms of successful case is outlined in our Client Agreement.

Office details

Cairns Personal Injury Lawyers

Cnr Shields and Grafton Streets,  Cairns,  QLD  4870

Tel: 07 4030 0600

Contact Us