Motor vechicle Accidents

Cairns Personal Injury are lawyers who act for people seeking compensation for personal injury sustained in all forms of vehicle accident.

If you or your passengers were injured in a car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, public transport accident or as a pedestrian, and the other driver was at fault, we can assist you with a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance claim.

Injuries you can claim for include whiplash, neck or back pain, fractures, head injuries, psychological injury, permanent disability or death resulting in a loss of dependency.

Contact our personal injury lawyers today on 1800 632 930 or submit an enquiry online if you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have a claim?

If you are injured in a motor bike or motor vehicle accident and you did not cause the accident, you have a right to claim compensation.

Our compensation lawyers will discuss your accident with you to assess whether you are eligible for a claim.

Please call us on 1800 632 930 for your free assessment or submit an enquiry online.

What are my time limits?

You must make a claim for compensation within three years of the date of the accident. If you are under the age of 18 of the time of the accident, you have until you turn 21 years of age to make a claim.

It is important to seek advice as soon as possible after your accident to ensure that your rights are protected.

How do I make a claim?

The Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994 prescribes the process for making a claim.

The process is commenced by giving a Notice of Claim under the Act. The Notice of Claim is due within the earlier of 1 month from seeing a lawyer for legal advice or 9 months from the date of the accident.

Special rules apply if the vehicle involved in the accident cannot be identified. If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident in which the vehicle which caused the accident cannot be identified you should seek legal advice urgently. 

How long does a claim take?

We are usually in a position to commence negotiations to settle your claim within 2 years of the date of the accident. 

How much can I claim?

You can claim for the impact your injuries have had on your lifestyle and  your ability to work.

The claim for the impact your injuries have had on your lifestyle is called a claim for General Damages or pain and suffering.

The claim for the impact your injuries have had on your ability to work is called a claim for Past and Future Economic Loss.

You can also claim for out of pocket expenses and in some circumstances care.

How much does it cost?

We work on a no win no fee basis, which means you only pay if your claim is successful.*

Do I have to go to court?

We advise very few matters go to Court.

In our experience approximately 95% of matters are settled by negotiation. We keep you informed at all times when we are negotiating your claim with an insurer.

Enquire today!

Enter your details below and one of our personal injury specialists will contact you as soon as possible for a free, no obligation case review.

Why choose Cairns Personal Injury

No Win. No Fee

We conduct matters on a No Win No Fee basis. You will never receive a bill from us unless your claim is successful*

More about No Win. No Fee

A QLD Law Firm

We are a practice group of MacDonnells Law, one of the largest independant law firms.

More about our history

Free initial Consultation

We offer a free initial consultation to determine whether you have a claim worth proceeding.

Contact Cairns Personal Injury

* Terms and Conditions Apply. The terms of successful case is outlined in our Client Agreement.

Office details

Cairns Personal Injury Lawyers

Cnr Shields and Grafton Streets,  Cairns,  QLD  4870

Tel: 07 4030 0600

Contact Us